The Ugly fighting female footballer who leaves her opponents quaking in their boots


Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A hard-tackling, hair-pulling female footballer has become an internet sensation after a series of violent fouls were caught on camera.

Elizabeth Lambert was suspended from her university team after being seen hitting, kicking and, in one instance, pulling an opponent down by her hair during a game.

Millions of people have watched clips of the American defender’s bad behaviour online since the footage was filmed last Thursday.



Kit Vela, her coach at the University of New Mexico team, said: ‘Her actions clearly crossed the line of fair play and good sportsmanship.’

At one point during a match against Brigham Young University, Lambert, tugged a player's hair so hard that she was pulled to the ground

The New Mexico player has apologised for her actions but she could still face further disciplinary action over the incident.

She said: ‘I am deeply and wholeheartedly regretful for my actions.

‘My actions were uncalled for. I let my emotions get the best of me in a heated situation. I take full responsibility for my actions.’

Now watch the video of Lambert in battle...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP